PowerSchool Parent Portal FAQ
PowerSchool Parent Portal
PowerSchool Parent Portal - LOGIN PAGE
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- I have an account, but have forgotten my password. How do I get it back or reset it? If you have already created an account and have lost or forgotten your username or password the system will email that info back to the email address used at the time the account was created. To do this go to https://powerschool.norridge80.org and click FORGOT USERNAME OR PASSWORD?
- What is PowerSchool? PowerSchool is our student information system. It allows schools to manage information such as attendance, demographics, student and teacher schedules, etc. Since Powerschool is web-based, some of this information can easily, but safely be shared with parents and students through Parent Portal. Parent Portal is also the way to set your school broadcast notifications preferences.
- What web browsers are recommended? The latest version of Chrome is recommended.
- Do I need a separate login for each of my children? Each child will be assigned a unique AccessID and Password. You create your own account through Parent Portal and can link multiple student accounts to your own account.
- How do I link additional students to my account once it is setup? Instructions on how to add an additional student to an existing Parent Portal Account can be found on the lower half of page 44 of the Parent Portal User Guide.
- What can I see on the PowerSchool site? Parents can access the following information: attendance for the past two weeks or the current quarter, teachers comments, and email links to teachers.
- Is this system secure? Absolutely. In fact, your child's safety and privacy are our greatest priorities. The Parent Portal is hosted through PowerSchool, our secure student information system. Your child's records can only be accessed by authorized school officials and those with whom you share your password.
- I have questions about the information found regarding my child's information in PowerSchool. Who should I contact? Please visit with your child about your concerns, if appropriate, and then contact your child's teacher by phone or by email, if needed.
- I logged into Parent Portal and selected the BALANCE ALERT under EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS. I received an email from PowerSchool with balance or billing information that is different than what I have received from the school office. PowerSchool is not currently being used for lunch balance. Please do not use the lunch balance email notification item.
- The lunch report in PowerSchool doesn't seem to be working? Will it be fixed soon? No. The company contracted with the school to handle lunch (Gourmet Gorilla) does not use or interface with PowerSchool. We will continue to handle lunch as we have in the past.
- There is an item within PowerSchool about registering for classes. Will I be able to use this? Please contact our District Registrar, Tammy Dicintio, at (708)583-2068 with any questions regarding registration.
- How often are grades updated online? As of fall 2018 we moved to standards based grading. We are not recording grades in PowerSchool. Contact your child's teacher to determine the best way to track progress.
- How do I cancel my Parent Portal account? Send an email from the account that is registered with Parent Portal to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating you would like your Parent Portal account disabled. Be sure to include school, names of students, and homeroom of each student.
- I don't have Internet access at home. How can I access the PowerSchool Parent Portal? A computer will be available at each school for parents to use during regular school hours. Just check in at the office and someone will help you. Computers are also available at the public library.
- Parent Portal isn't working right on my computer, laptop, tablet, or phone. Can you help? District 80 staff can not provide assistance in troubleshooting, maintaining, or upgrading non-District 80 owned equipment. A computer will be available at each school for parents to use during regular school hours. Just check in at the office and someone will help you. Computers are also available at the public library.
How do I get more help with the PowerSchool Parent Portal? Aside from the resources found on this page, you should contact Mrs. Dicintio at email@example.com with questions regarding the Parent Portal.
PowerSchool for Parents App for iPhone and iPad, available via iTunes Store
setup: search for Norridge School District 80 or enter code NDQH